dimanche 15 mai 2016

Book review



Omega, by Samuel Macon
A surprisingly good novel. Why surprisingly ? Because, when I started reading, I felt that it was too much like a video game, and I didn't give it much credit ; but I finished it ! Then, in quick succession, I ordered two novels for my kindle. I won’t mention them here, but after less than 10% of text length, I felt that the first one was no more than a diluted navel contemplation, and the second an erratic blog-like chatter. The contrast made me realize that I had been unfair toward Samuel Macon. The plot trots along at a tremendous pace, there’s never a dull moment, and it’s very entertaining. My initial reaction had arisen from the fact that the novel was not what I had expected, a common enough mistake, I suppose.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire